Understanding How UV / UV-C Works
UV/UV-C Directly Affects the DNA of Harmful Viruses.
How does a Virus invade the body?
When it comes into contact with a host cell, a Virus can insert its genetic material into its host, literally taking over the host’s functions. An infected cell produces more viral protein and genetic material instead of its usual products.
UV-C can reduce or eliminate
-Fungi (molds / yeast)
UV-C Radiation inactivates or damages the DNA/RNA of micro-organisms so that they can no longer replicate or cause harm.
System Design and Control
• Check the proper working and dosage with a dosimeter
• These are paper strips with a special ink that changes colour with UV-C light
• There is a reference chart to check the dosages given
• These can be used for final testing of the installation
• If results are not as expected, adjustments can be made to adjust the dose (ie: time, quantity or placement )